Use of this website and services
1. By using this website, the User (known as ‘you’) agrees that you do so voluntarily and place no obligation on Online Training Index, or its owners Acuitas CTD LTD (known as ‘we’) for your actions or lack of actions based on anything you read, hear or watch in this website.
2. The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability of any information in this website, (or websites, information, products or services or related materials linked to from this website) for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is strictly at your own risk.
3. The information contained in the section labelled ‘The Index’ is based on a review of available online courses conducted by authorised representatives of Online Training Index and as such does not constitute a legal promise or contract between Online Training Index and you. The information shown about the online courses is correct to the best of our knowledge at the time of entry onto this website (which may be shown by an entry date if given), but we are not responsible for any inaccuracies in the information given or changes made to the online course after the information is placed on this website.
4. If you choose to request a review of your online course you agree that:
- you are the owner of the course for all legal purposes and requirements, including the purpose of requesting a review.
- you are purchasing a review and report of an online course, you are NOT purchasing a rating level and your purchase is non-refundable once the report is sent to you (based on proof of sending NOT proof of receipt).
- if your course does not meet the minimum assessment mark to receive a rating of ‘Good’ or higher, Online Training Index does not owe you anything materially or financially except an electronic copy (pdf file) of the review report, which in itself carries no financial value once completed by an authorised representative of Online Training Index. You agree that Online Training Index bears no responsibility for any actions or inactions you take with your course as a result of this report.
- if your course does not meet the minimum assessment mark at review, you are not permitted to make any statement of having achieved a rating or representation of endorsement from Online Training Index in any form, express or implied, in any material (physical or electronic) connected with your course, another course you own, or any form of training centre, academy, school or similar that you are connected with in any way, either online or physically.
- if you choose to submit your course for re-review within 30 days following receipt of your review report, you agree to abide by the outcome of the review, notwithstanding any appeal you may choose to make.
- if you choose to submit your course for re-review after 30 days following receipt of your review report, but before a full year has passed since your first review report has been received, you may do so for a further fee which is non-refundable in any circumstances.
5. Should you choose to appeal the outcome of a review or re-review, you may do so at any time for the fee specified, using the process specified by Online Training Index. For details of the fee and the process, please email email@example.com. If you choose to follow the appeal process, we agree that your course will be re-reviewed by a more senior reviewer than the reviewer who originally reviewed your course, where possible. If your appeal is upheld, the appeal fee will be refunded to you within ten working days. If your appeal is rejected, you agree that the fee will not be returned to you and you will abide by the appeal decision. You agree that an appeal can only be made once per course, per year.
6. If your course meets the minimum assessment mark or higher at review or re-review, you will be supplied with an electronic copy (pdf file) of your assessment report and an electronic copy (jpeg or png file) of the relevant rating badge. You agree that you will:
- use the electronic report for the purposes of understanding the rating received and improving your course where suggestions are made.
- not use the report for any purpose other than that stated above.
- display the electronic rating badge within your specific course publicity material ensuring that:
- at all times the badge links through to the web page supplied, which will be your course review page in the Index section of the Online Training Index website
- you only use the badge to indicate an assessment of the specific course it was awarded for – this includes if the course was reviewed as a free course, but subsequently you decide to charge for it
- you will not directly or indirectly assert, imply or indicate other courses or your training school, academy or website presence are endorsed, assessed or in any way rated by us
- on request, supply us with copies or links to any promotional material you produce, commission or request that contains reference to your rating or the rating badge.
- ensure that any reference under your direct control (including but not limited to all your online property and presence) to the rating of your course by Online Training Index contains a clear and direct link back to the course review page on the Online Training Index website.
- ensure that you will take all reasonable steps to ensure that any reference to the rating of your course by Online Training Index not under your direct control (including but not limited to any blog posts written about your course where you are not the post writer) contains a clear and direct link back to the course review page on the Online Training Index website.
7. You agree that Online Training Index and any of its parent or subsidiary companies are not guaranteeing, promising or in any way implying that you or your course(s) as submitted for review will receive additional interest (including, but not limited to, course information page visitors) or additional sales as a result of receiving a review or placement in The Index. You accept that any assumptions, predictions or decisions you make as a result of requesting a review are your responsibility alone.
8. These terms and conditions including the steps of the review process below are subject to English Law.
Specific steps of the review process (as also detailed on the Professional Quality Reviews page of this website):
Step One: Send payment and a free link to your course
You can choose a full review or a single category review. If you choose a single category, this is designed as a sample for you to ‘try before you buy’ a full review. The cost of the sample is deducted from the full review cost if you go ahead with that. You can only use the sample option once (per course) and it will only cover one category (of our choosing). You will receive a mini-report and percentage score, but you will not be eligible for a quality badge or a place on the Index.
Payment is handled by PayPal, and the payment is made to Acuitas.LTD, the company that owns the Online Training Index brand and assets. If you would like a refund within the initial review period (i.e. before any report has been received) please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive a refund minus any fees paid to PayPal. We believe this is a fair arrangement as we will have already put in some work towards your review. After the initial report is received, no refunds are given.
Your course link must be completely free with no additional financial obligation (for example, if your course is part of a membership subscription, a free membership must be given for the duration of the review process, without requirement to submit any payment card details). Once you have received your report (and badge if applicable) and you do not intend to make any changes for a re-review, course access through your chosen method can be rescinded.
Step Two: Relax while your course is reviewed
Standard turnaround for a full review or single category review is 14 calendar / 10 working days (we reserve the right to take a little longer over public holidays such as Christmas and the New Year – but we will let you know if we think we need to do this).
If you need a report back more quickly than this, please email email@example.com. There is an additional charge for a faster response (typically 200% of the full price of what you’re requesting).
If we need any clarification, or information from you, we will get in touch during the review period. Otherwise you should assume we are able to access everything we need to review your course.
Step Three: Get your fully-loaded course report
A full review request will result in a full report (circa 15 pages), a single category review will result in a mini-report (circa 4 pages). The report will contain your score against the quality criteria (for an overview see Best Practice Explained on this website) along with points of quality found and suggestions for improvement.
The report is sent via email and proof of sending is the time and date point used for any subsequent actions pertaining to the review process (including any re-review).
Step Four: Accept the rating, display the badge … OR
Your report will contain a rating, shown as a percentage score. If you reach an overall rating of 65% or higher, you will also receive an electronic badge for use in your course marketing. This badge must only be displayed as an image that links through to your entry on the Index page of this website. Failure to display the badge with the correct link may result in withdrawal of your quality rating, with no liability incurred by Online Training Index. We will inform you if this is a likely scenario and give you reasonable time to make adjustments. Repeat offences may result in permanent refusal to engage the Online Training Index quality review service.
The overall rating is determined as a percentage of the total marks available and weighting is applied to the categories. This is detailed in the report along with your individual category scores.
Badge earning ratings:
Good = 65-74%
Great = 75-84%
Excellent = 85-94%
Outstanding = 95%+
You can choose to display a badge if earned, even if you wish to submit for re-review. Your review rating is valid for one year from the date and time of the report being sent. In the case of a re-review that results in a higher score and rating, the one year runs from the latest report issued.
Step Five: Action any top tips, submit for re-review
**Re-reviews are only available for Full Course Reviews**
In your report you will receive a selection of suggestions for improvements, listed in the relevant category. You do not have to complete all (or any!) of these suggestions before submitting for re-review, but we will give you as many hints as we can (without implying or stating a guarantee of a higher score) as to the best places to concentrate.
If you complete your chosen changes within 30 days, you can submit your course for a FREE re-review, providing you also send a list of the changes you have chosen to make. If you do not supply this list, we reserve the right to levy an additional charge for the re-review (as we effectively have to go through the entire course again to try to find your changes). This charge will be 50% of a full review cost (even if you have originally submitted with a discount).
The process for submission for a re-review will be sent with your original report. If you have lost these details, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only ONE re-review within 30 days of the original report being sent is allowed. Re-reviews after this time are subject to the conditions outlined in Step Eight.
Step Six: Relax for a few more days while we work
The time taken for your re-review will depend on the number of changes made, but we would typically hope to take no longer than 7 calendar / 5 working days. For this step though, all local public holidays affect our ability to meet this intention, so we will send you an estimate for turnaround on receipt of your list of changes made.
Step Seven: Celebrate a higher rating and badge!
This is not guaranteed. Although we will give you as much information as we can about how to improve your score, this is done without any guarantee or promise of a higher score, higher rating or higher badge.
That said, if you work hard and implement the majority of suggested changes, in the way they are suggested, in our experience you are likely to get a higher score. This may lead to a higher rating and higher badge, depending on where your initial score is.
Step Eight: Get a discount next time for every referral
Your rating is valid for one year. During that year, you are encouraged to invite your contacts to get their courses reviewed and for every Full review booked and paid for without refund, you will receive a $20 discount on your next review. There is no discount for a Single Category review booking, unless this subsequently turns into a Full review booking.
If you have referred 10 courses (so this could be any combination of people and courses such as 1 person with 10 courses or 10 different people each with 1 course) during the year, all of whom result in a Full review booking without refund, your next review is FREE!
When you have promoted the review service for the first time, email info@onlinetrainingindex to say you have done so). All bookings are asked if they have been referred by someone, so the name you tell us has promoted the review service should be the name they use to link their request to you. This can therefore be your name, or your company’s name. If the wrong name is used by a new review booking, we reserve the right to refuse your discount.
If you have promoted the review service inaccurately or incorrectly, Online Training Index carries no liability for any action or inaction as a result of information displayed about this service on any other website besides this one. You and any review contacts are responsible for checking and agreeing to the Terms and Conditions listed on this website only.